In this Throwback Thursday post, I am returning to a challenge I gave myself last summer. I had received a gift card for $50 for my birthday, and decided to use it to put together a complete outfit. Here is how I did it:
- Went to Ross to look for a dress
- Tried on about 40 dresses
- Tried on dresses in my size and one size up and one size down
- Did not look at the price tag before I tried on..most Ross dresses are less than $20
- 35 dresses were a definite NO
- 5 dresses were maybes
- 1 dress was clearly better than all the rest, so kept that one
- Paid $11.00 for my dress (On Tuesdays Ross offers 10% off to ages 55 and above)
- Went next door to Famous Footwear
- Started in the clearance section
- Found the perfect pair of heels to go with the dress. Price tag said $25
- Went to check out…actually on sale for $17.00
- So far, have spent only a little more than half of my budget, so still have some left for accessories and purse
- Went to Cato to look for a necklace
- Found one for $6.00
- Received a purse I had ordered earlier. Cost: $6.00
- Bought a stack of bracelets for $10.00 at Glitzy Chiks
- TOTAL: $50.00
- Made it! Right on the nose!
Bottom line…it is possible to find inexpensive clothing if you are willing to do a little work.
If you would like to see pictures of most of the outfits I have put together, click on the page for the category you would like to see. On a mobile device, click menu to access the pages. You can also follow me on Instagram @over50under20.
And…I would love for you to subscribe to this blog. You don’t want to miss all this great shopping advice. 🙂 If you subscribed, and are not receiving notices, check your spam, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.